Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Old LaserJet 5 with paper jam

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:39:19 +0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

It never actually enters the fuser?

That's right. Stripped gear - see later in the thread.

It is a very good site and I can recommend them. I have a LJ4m at a
remote site which began jamming the paper on entry; fixed that with the
appropriate kit, then it started jamming on exit (grr) and the kit to
fix that is sitting by my foot as I type. It comes with (a not very
clear) video CD showing how to strip the printer and fit the new parts.
fixyourownprinter ships from the US but the parts arrived very quickly
in my case.

I have some written instructions, that I wrote long ago. This is for the
two sets of exit rollers, right? Let me know if you want them.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org