Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Bike lock (bike stolen)

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 02:07:43 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dubber"
saying something like:

The advice I'm after is what kind of lock(s) would be best for me ?

Only one make successfully resists attack for very long - Almax.
All the others are ****.

Aren't these designed for motorbikes? I'd have thought they would be
impractical to carry on a bicycle.

I take the pragmatic approach to locking my bike. Pick a good spot to
lock it and always lock it to a fixed object. If you have a nice bike
paint it a vile shade of pink to make it less attractive to theives.
Sheldon brown recommends using two different types of locks since they
would require different tools to break.

I use a single D lock, but I don't have a desirable bike.
--
(\__/) M.
[Reply-to address valid until it is spammed.]