Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Guest

Coon is a bit chewy and greasy. Most are made into stew or chili.
So I am to understand from those who have been to a deer camp
and that was what was in the pot for dinner. Lots of them
are hunted and eaten around here.

Squirrel and Possum as well.

Martin

basilisk wrote:
"Steve Turner" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:
Greg G. wrote:
-MIKE- said:

.... They're not aggressive either,
hence the saying "playing opossum." That hissing they do with the big
open mouth is really all show and no go.
Unless they have young. then all bets are off.
DAMHIKT - experiences from childhood.

Raccoons, on the other hand.... :-)
Are quite intelligent and can be tamed, but the rabies factor...
Had a pet coon for about three years. Not something I would want to do
again. Though cute while young, they get BIG and STRONG; will climb to
the top of everything, including drapes, blinds, your head, etc; can open
anything in the house, including the refrigerator; and you don't want to
**** one off ... it's like living with a mean, nosy old woman.

How do they taste?

I don't know about nosy old women, raccoon is dark and gamey
with a very coarse texture, kinda like beaver.

basilisk