Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Guest

They are all around here and are known to kill dogs if cornered.

Beloved and I were mowing and cleaning around the shop last week and
found a yearling in a ball. It was in a pallet under a large box I used
to paint upon. Both were burnt with the brush.

They are also fast on their feet.

Martin

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:34:40 -0500, the infamous -MIKE-
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Hehehe. That's one little guy you don't want to rile. A friend and I
cornered one at a park and watched it bite a broom handle IN HALF.

Hmmmm, sure about that?
Was the broom all rotted or something?

i don't recall that it was rotted. It was a cheap broom which came
with a dustpan which had been left in the park. Those guys have really
large and nasty teeth. Do NOT rile them! They could take your finger
off in one quick chomp.

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/blog/opossumteeth.jpg

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)