Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to make the HP DeskJet 500 print a 'test page'

On 11/3/2009 1:58 PM Baron spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

So can you tell me how your printer compares to mine, a DeskJet 932C?
I have the sneaking suspicion that mine is not as good, but really
have no idea.

Its practically the same printer ! But the 500 only has a single black
(colour, if you change the ink) cartridge. The 932C I think has USB as
well as parallel port inputs. As far as print quality is concerned
yours should be better having 600 dpi as against 300 dpi for the DJ500
plus colour. The DJ500C could do colour but you had to change
cartridges. I belive it was the DJ520 that had both black and colour
cartridges in the same carriage.

Yes, the 932C has USB, which was how I was using it. Didn't know it was
that good; I got it because it was about the cheapest thing available at
the time (ca. 2000).

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet