Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default How to make the HP DeskJet 500 print a 'test page'

PeterD wrote:

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:25:30 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:26:44 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy
wrote:

As a result of waiting, I've been given an HP LaserJet 5 and an Epson
C60 [color printer], so still don't need another yet.

I retired my HP LaserJet 5m several months ago.

Heck, I've got you beat: I still use an Apple Laserwriter II (HP LJ
II) sometimes. The printer is the only straight path printer and will
print on 80 lb card stock for bin lables! Can't do that with my high
speed laser printers, so the Apple still has a job.

Wasn't that made by HP for Apple ?
The only straight paper path ink jet that I know of was the HP DJ400,
DJ420. That would do 80lb card stock.

It's basically a
LaserJet 4 Plus in a nicer box and faster raster engine. 600 dpi is
kinda crude as most anything you buy these days will do 1200 dpi. My
main complaint is that the power save feature didn't really turn off
the printer. It sucked power all the time. Still, it was cheap,
reliable, fairly easy to maintain, but slow, crude, a power hog, and a
bad habit of paper jamming at the back rollers. I replaced it with an
HP Laserjet 2200dtn (double sided, 2 trays, network card, 1200dpi) and
am living happily ever after.

I also had an Epson Stylus C60 for a few days. It leaked ink all over
the place, no matter what I did to prevent it. Brand new, with
supplied ink carts. I later ran into the same problem with a
customers C60. I gave up. It's not a common problem, but I seem to
find it all too often.
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/13409

--
Best Regards: