Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Bike lock (bike stolen)

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
Steve Walker wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when
the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dubber"
saying something like:

The advice I'm after is what kind of lock(s) would be best for me
?

Only one make successfully resists attack for very long - Almax.
All the others are ****.

Crikey, you're right - look at the videos on
www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/index.asp?pg=19

£150 Abus Thatcham Approved blah blah Chain, cropped with simple
bolt-cutters in 25 seconds.

WTF is that all about? Granted he used a big FO pair of croppers,
but surely the video is meant to demonstrate that the product
survives for a minimum 5 mins?

Anywho, an angle grinder would have taken that out in half the time.

I removed the wire rope type lock from an adandoned bike in around 3
seconds with my trusty angle grinder a few weeks ago.

I so don't think so

The links are thicker than dennis

Don't forget, one doesn't usually park a bike close to a mains socket,
an Almax chain would tell a battery angle grinder to **** off and play
elsewhere

It didn't tell those bolt croppers to **** off did it?

Err yes it did IIRC