Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Shop Guest

Greg G. wrote:
Swingman said:

Had a pet coon for about three years. Not something I would want to do
again. Though cute while young, they get BIG and STRONG; will climb to
the top of everything, including drapes, blinds, your head, etc; can
open anything in the house, including the refrigerator; and you don't
want to **** one off ... it's like living with a mean, nosy old woman.

I sure wouldn't keep one in the house. Leave it in the wild, but
they'll stop by and beg for (demand?) food if they "know you."
They'll also enter any opening in your house for winter shelter, no
matter how high or improbable...

This one would take any shiny object it could find, utensils, rings,
jewelery, etc, and anything you fed it, straight to the nearest toilet
and wash it off. We fed it the same dry dog food as the dogs, and it
would do the same with dog food, perched on the toilet bowl, always
looking away while it was washing the dog food, then looking back at its
now empty paws with a puzzled look on its face.

Played well with the dog and cat. Actually a very clean pet, never
failed to use the cat litter box in the garage and didn't need to be
trained to do so, but about the beginning of its third year got too
rambunctious to let into the house, so we took it to the farm and let it
loose, where we saw it periodically for a few years, then nevermore.

My oldest daughter, who now lives in England, uses stories of "Terri,
the coon" when growing up in the wilds of Texas, to entertain both hers
and the neighbors children.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08