Charlie Self

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Dave Hall writes:

I remember the Osborne well. The first computer I ever used. Supercalc
( a CPM based forerunner to Lotus - Excel). Memory so small that a
simple depreciation schedule required 4 spreadsheets and macro
automation between them - got me a A in that Graduate Accounting
course though. It was a Portable - if portable meant breaking you arm
to lug it from one electric outlet to another.

Yeah. I remember that now: forgot to add, you needed to plug the "portable" in.
I took my KayPro to the Hardware Show in Chi one year...I think my arm was 2"
longer before I got home.

Charlie Self

"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would
promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken