Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default breadboard ends

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:59:35 -0700, the infamous "Nonny"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:18:15 GMT, the infamous "Joe"

scrawled the following:

What is the wreck's opinion on how wide a breadboard end can be
on a kitchen
table? I'm looking to add length, but don't want proportions to
look bad.
Overall, the table will be 6'9" by 3'6"

I'd go with 3'6", Joe. gd&wvvf

---

A good default ratio is the golden mean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

Not in this case, Nonny. 5/8 (roughly) of 3'6" is 26-1/4" which is
way too deep for a breadboard end. 2-1/2 to 3-1/2" would be my guess,
but I'd check that physically before working the pieces too far.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)