Posted to rec.woodworking
SteveA[_5_] SteveA[_5_] is offline

Default 170 Hinges

Blum compact 33 110, with 1" o/l

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Nov 2, 10:41 pm, "SteveA" wrote:
I am currently in the process of finishing the remaining doors for my
little
(read-1year) kitchen project and have stumbled onto a question. For a
corner
cabinet, I am looking to install two relatively small doors attached with
butt joint at a 90 degree angle(or add an additional lazy susan/bi-fold
type
hinge is movement is needed). I am looking to utilize a 170 degree hinge
where the pivot door will meet the face frame and I see that for the most
part of my search, I will have to mount the hinge to the inside wall of
the
cabinet since I have yet to see a mounting plate that will allow
attachment
to the face frame.

Now my question, Blum makes hinges for a full overlay (3/4" I would guess
since the carcass is made of that material), but the stiles of the face
frame are 2" and the rest of the doors have a 1" overlay. My question, if
move the cup for the hinge an additional 1/2" (or possibly more due to
mounting location on the cabinet) from the edge of the door to get the 1"
overlay will the hinge continue to operate as designed? It appears that I
will have to block out an additional 3/4" to mount the plate so the face
frame does not interfere with its operation I am not sure how much the cup
can be moved?

I am sure that someone else has come across this at some time, how did you
work around the limitations of these hinges?

SteveA

With 1" overlay, what hinges are you using on the other doors?