BigWallop

Default Magentic Sensors on uPVC Windows

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
BigWallop wrote:
If nothing else they will give a reminder if one is left open.

Left open ? You mean you don't check that all the windows are locked
secure before you leave the house, and have to rely on the alarm to tell
you, you've missed something ? Sorry to say this, but, "You're asking
to be burgled" relying on this method of security.

I'm happy for you that you always have the time to do this whenever you
slip out for 5 minutes. ;-)

My windows are either locked or open. If I forget to close one then the
alarm will tell me. I live on my own, so don't have to go running round
checking up on what others have and haven't done.

As regards removing the glazing units as a means of entry, this might be
so. But with a normal window a burglar won't usually risk crawling through
broken glass so will force the window open, and this will set off the
alarm. But I've got PIRs and pressure pads as well...

--
*Could it be that "I do " is the longest sentence? *

Dave Plowman

Now pressure sensors on the windows are better. Bubble tube on the sills
also works fine and only detects things over a couple of stone in weight (
i'm useless at metric weight), so can pick up anyone kneeling or standing on
the sill. They can also be used around the edges of roofs and things. The
noeprene tube seal around the window can also have a pressure wire inserted.
This activates if the window is being forced or opened. But I, like many
others, can fool a magnetic sensor into letting me pass without detection.

Try this test: Take a large magnet, one from the magnet base of car antenna
is the best, and hold it on the outside of the window where the sensor is.