Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Smoke detectors for the elderly

G. Morgan wrote:

I'm not saying a DIY'er with a good handle on electronics can not
make it work. But for practical purposes, it's just not a good idea.
You may end up with a device that does not do it's job, and when
lives are at stake.... Well, you get the picture.

Yeah, and in specific circumstances one may end up w/ a device that
serves the purpose better than the original would have...well, you get
the picture...

Again, I'm not saying it's a wily-nily sorta' thing and I'd certainly
not recommend futzin' around w/ grandpa's auxiliary breathing
apparatus...