Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy Robert Macy is offline

Default How to make the HP DeskJet 500 print a 'test page'

On Nov 2, 10:13*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
I used to have one of these (it was later donated to Microsoft's test lab),
but I don't remember. It's usually something like holding down the On Line
or Form Feed button while turning on the power. It can't hurt to experiment;
you're not going to waste any supplies if it doesn't work.

THANK YOU!

It was indeed hold down the FF button and cycle the power.

Found a 'dead' jet, but the constant printing on page 3 [landscape
mode], must have awakened it.