Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default One post detail

Larry Jaques wrote:

You're very trusting. I refuse to be taken for more than half a job,
so even my good customers are trained from the start to put a
downpayment. I only get taken about once a decade any more, and most
of my work comes from repeat customers, but when the shysters come out
to play, look out. I'm glad you haven't been had lately, and ditto
what the others said about repeat customers. They're truly the best,
both for the pocketbook and the soul.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me ...

I learned the hard way, 25 years ago, having been stiffed for $16K from
a repeat client, to never let _anyone_ get that far ahead of me again.
And, if I do turnkey a portion of the job to you, I want Release of
Liens from ALL your suppliers BEFORE your final payment.

It's simply part of doing your business the right way ...

Not doing so that one time put my family in a bind that I don't ever
want them to have to go through again.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08