Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default One post detail

I used cultured stone.....This was a first....
Poured 2 concrete columns, and serrated the face with plastic mesh in the
concrete pour.
Pulled it off after pouring the columns and left a nice grip pattern for
stone work.
Worked out slick.....
The stone work was difficult.....lots of fitting, parts and pieces....
grouting was time consuming too.
john

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Post Detail IMGP7510.jpg (97.6 KB, 45 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 18:37:25 -0700, the infamous "jloomis"
scrawled the following:

I used cultured stone.....This was a first....
Poured 2 concrete columns, and serrated the face with plastic mesh in the
concrete pour.
Pulled it off after pouring the columns and left a nice grip pattern for
stone work.
Worked out slick.....
The stone work was difficult.....lots of fitting, parts and pieces....
grouting was time consuming too.

Very nice fence, John. I need more multi-millionaire clients like
that. A handful of those jobs would pay off my truck. (Sold my old
1990 F-150 for $1,300; got a new 2007 Toyota Tundra a couple years
ago. I love my truck!)

P.S: I hope you billed according to actual labor -and- got your money
out of the guy.

---
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Oh-Thank You
Yeah,
I need more also.(clients-work that is)
My truck is getting old............too?
I have not yet been paid....
That will happen.
This was a very expensive project, and time involved was more than expected.
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 06:34:42 -0800, the infamous "jloomis"
scrawled the following:

Oh-Thank You
Yeah,
I need more also.(clients-work that is)
My truck is getting old............too?
I have not yet been paid....
That will happen.
This was a very expensive project, and time involved was more than expected.

Yes, I can imagine. That type of job is very hard to estimate
properly. You _did_ get at least half the funds in advance, right? I
sometimes ask for a bit more than half if the material cost will be
high.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nope:
I always do my jobs first then give a billing unless they are over the
30,000 + - range.
these people have paid for jobs done in the past.....also.
john
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:08:01 -0800, "jloomis"
wrote:

Nope:
I always do my jobs first then give a billing unless they are over the
30,000 + - range.
these people have paid for jobs done in the past.....also.

Repeat business. The best type of contract out there.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:08:01 -0800, the infamous "jloomis"
scrawled the following:

Nope:
I always do my jobs first then give a billing unless they are over the
30,000 + - range.
these people have paid for jobs done in the past.....also.

You're very trusting. I refuse to be taken for more than half a job,
so even my good customers are trained from the start to put a
downpayment. I only get taken about once a decade any more, and most
of my work comes from repeat customers, but when the shysters come out
to play, look out. I'm glad you haven't been had lately, and ditto
what the others said about repeat customers. They're truly the best,
both for the pocketbook and the soul.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I have not had many shysters.......I try to weed them out, and yes, you can
smell a rat in time......
I have had some not pay for maybe 4 months......some 2 months....
I would tolerate some.......but it earks me......
I have been doing construction for others and by myself since about 1973
john
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

You're very trusting. I refuse to be taken for more than half a job,
so even my good customers are trained from the start to put a
downpayment. I only get taken about once a decade any more, and most
of my work comes from repeat customers, but when the shysters come out
to play, look out. I'm glad you haven't been had lately, and ditto
what the others said about repeat customers. They're truly the best,
both for the pocketbook and the soul.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me ...

I learned the hard way, 25 years ago, having been stiffed for $16K from
a repeat client, to never let _anyone_ get that far ahead of me again.
And, if I do turnkey a portion of the job to you, I want Release of
Liens from ALL your suppliers BEFORE your final payment.

It's simply part of doing your business the right way ...

Not doing so that one time put my family in a bind that I don't ever
want them to have to go through again.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Architectural detail Charles Bishop[_2_] Home Repair 5 July 10th 08 04:21 AM
you will get hte many more detail [email protected] Metalworking 0 April 14th 08 12:45 PM
Detail or Palm Sander Arthur 51 UK diy 4 June 19th 07 09:38 PM
Palm sander or detail The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 February 23rd 06 02:53 PM
Wall insulation detail, is this OK Keith Home Repair 1 November 19th 05 09:53 PM