Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Smoke detectors for the elderly

In article ,
George wrote:

One good answer is an alarm panel with the output connected to a
siren/voice speaker driver. Our system has a piercing siren sound then
says *FIRE*, *FIRE*, *FIRE*---LEAVE IMMEDIATELY in a commanding male
voice, then a lower frequency staccato siren sound then repeats. There
is enough noise to get most anyones attention.

It uses all standard off the shelf stuff.

The other advantage is that the smoke alarms are powered from the panel
which provides supervision and also power during an AC power outage.

Sounds REALLY good. (Maybe can also hook the computer UPS's output
into it too.)

Specific details?

And maybe even crude (or not so crude) schematic and/or pictures,
avail of course not here (ascii!) but via ptr to your website?

Or if no website, then reply to our emails to you with that stuff
attached?

THANKS!

David