Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.[_2_] Walter R.[_2_] is offline

Default Smoke detectors for the elderly

Walmart (on the Web) sells a First Alert Detector that uses both methods and
can be remote controlled via a TV remote control to cancel unwanted alarms
or to test the systems. Costs 19.96 Best Buy rating in Consumer Reports

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...#ProductDetail

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"David Combs" wrote in message
FYI: I just learned (by reading the plastic package these thincs
com in) that there are TWO types of, well, FIRE alarms:

1: SMOKE alarms, that work via PHOTOCELL -- and this kind has
a "P" on the package.

2: the kind that works via some wee radioactive thing, that
senses, I think, the FIRE. It has some OTHER single-letter
printed on the package.

The instructions advised have BOTH types. Unfortunately,
Costco (where I shop) seems to have only the P-marked
kind.

David