Silvan

Default Is Usnet Dying?

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

For my buck, a $500 computer does all I need. This consists of light

Yeah, me too, and then some. I guess if a 2.7 GHz deal is a $500 computer
now, mine is worth $50.

I don't do pro video editing or anything like that. I play games on
my $200 PS2. G

Me too, though I rarely even play games on that. I haven't had it plugged
in since May or so.

My last two machines were $3k.

I paid $1300 for this one. Probably closer to $2,000 for the P166 before
it. That one is still in use too, as a dedicated X terminal. I can't see
needing faster for a diskless workstation, so I'm probably going to buy it
a new power supply to keep it running a few more years. The power supply
in that thing dates back to when I was in high school, and it's getting
tired.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/