Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L[_2_] Phil L[_2_] is offline

Default mouse food or mouse poison!

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Fergus McMenemie wrote:
Its the time of year when all the mice come in from the fields. Some
of them end up in my attic. And as usual I went around and topped up
the mouse poison.

This year the stuff I got from B&Q (but made by Rentokil) looks to
be a grain coated in some kind of blue stuff, which I guess is the
poison. The stuff seems to be having little effect on the mice.
Inspecting the "food troughs" I have left around the attic I note
that almost all the grain as been eaten and I am left with a
considerable pile of blue skins or husks which was the coating from
the grain. Its remarkable, but I suspect I am feeding rather than
poisoning my
mice.

Anybody else run into this sort of thing? Or any suggestions on
where I can get better mouse poison which actually works. I note
that B&Q, and Homebase are both selling rebranded versions of the
blue coated grain from Rentokil. I suspect that many other hardware
stores are doing the same, but I cant open and inspect their goods.

I believe it takes time before they die in agony.

they don't die in agony, they simply fall asleep and don't wake up

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008