Posted to uk.d-i-y
Micky Savage[_2_] Micky Savage[_2_] is offline

Default mouse food or mouse poison!

why kill them? that do no harm.????????????????
Fergus McMenemie wrote:
Its the time of year when all the mice come in from the fields. Some of
them end up in my attic. And as usual I went around and topped up the
mouse poison. This year the stuff I got from B&Q (but made by Rentokil)
looks to be a
grain coated in some kind of blue stuff, which I guess is the poison.
The stuff seems to be having little effect on the mice. Inspecting the
"food troughs" I have left around the attic I note that almost all the
grain as been eaten and I am left with a considerable pile of blue skins
or husks which was the coating from the grain.

Its remarkable, but I suspect I am feeding rather than poisoning my
mice.

Anybody else run into this sort of thing? Or any suggestions on where I
can get better mouse poison which actually works. I note that B&Q, and
Homebase are both selling rebranded versions of the blue coated grain
from Rentokil. I suspect that many other hardware stores are doing the
same, but I cant open and inspect their goods.

I believe it takes time before they die in agony.