B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Is Usnet Dying?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:44:20 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Charlie Self wrote:

Cost about the same as the KayPro cp/m had a couple years earlier.

$2500 was always about what it took to get a new computer of any quality.

I guess maybe it still is, but I can't imagine anyone *needing* what $2500
gets you these days.

For my buck, a $500 computer does all I need. This consists of light
CAD, the web, usenet, Quicken, Word, Excel, Front Page, Corel Photo
Paint, several GPS mapping apps, email, CD burning, etc... The
Celeron even acts as my file server for the 4 station LAN in my home.

I don't do pro video editing or anything like that. I play games on
my $200 PS2. G

My last two machines were $3k.

Barry