CW

Default Plunge v Fixed Base Router

I have the porter cable combo. The plunge base has about the crudest depth
adjustment on any router I have seen. It is very possible however to get
very precise adjustments using gage blocks and the screws in the turret. It
is more trouble than a better fine adjustment would be but can be done just
as accurately and nearly as fast. I don't have any problem using it for
cutting dovetails (where depth is rather critical) though I prefer the fixed
base for this as it is easier to handle.

"Erik" erikl_nospam_at_nospam_syserco.com wrote in message
CW, I've learned from you in the past - How about explaining your

position.

--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite

"CW" wrote in message
Which I would appreciate if I were but I'm not.

"Erik" erikl_nospam_at_nospam_syserco.com wrote in message
I wholly support your right to be WRONG!

--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite
I'd much rather be hammered than nailed 8~)

"CW" wrote in message
No.
"Dmitri" wrote in message
.