Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

dennis@home wrote:

geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I very rarely concentrate on my driving, its almost exclusively
handled in the subconscious, the same with e.g. skiing or other
occupations where automatic responses are better and faster than
conscious thought, even when driving at speeds over 100mph where
you wake up a bit

So you admit to having so many incidents that it has become a learnt
response.

No, you stupid ****

I used to, for example (when safe to do so), take a roundabout
sideways in a controlled skid when I was in my late teens, or lock
the wheels on ice to learn how to recover in a controlled manner -
just like a pilot learns to recover from a stall

A pilot learns that in a simulator where possible, that's what
simulators are for, learning how to crash not how to fly.

No - that's because they are cheaper than the real thing. There is no
substitute for real experience, however many blow up dolls you might
have dennis

No, they do NOT learn that in a simulator. Having been in a pilot
'driving test' flight, they learn by doing it at safe altitude under
supervision. stall at 3500 ft, and recover in the correct and safe
manner.

Same for one engine failing on takeoff..drop the prop back to feather
and pull the throttle, and make the testee fly it up to safe altitude
after a 'touch and go'

Aeroplanes not toys.

Well if you think a twin engine AZTEC is a toy I guess that's so.

The simulators cost more than some £25k Cessna so they do simple stuff
in them.

You have just contradicted yourself.

No I haven't.

Pilots do not learn to fly on simulators or airliners, they learn on light
aircraft.

So you do agree with what I actually said then!

I aid they don't learn to fly on them they learn to crash on them.

Maybe you need to read more?

Are you on the drink early tonight?