Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I very rarely concentrate on my driving, its almost exclusively
handled in the subconscious, the same with e.g. skiing or other
occupations where automatic responses are better and faster than
conscious thought, even when driving at speeds over 100mph where you
wake up a bit

So you admit to having so many incidents that it has become a learnt
response.

No, you stupid ****

I used to, for example (when safe to do so), take a roundabout sideways
in a controlled skid when I was in my late teens, or lock the wheels on
ice to learn how to recover in a controlled manner - just like a pilot
learns to recover from a stall

A pilot learns that in a simulator where possible, that's what simulators
are for, learning how to crash not how to fly.

No - that's because they are cheaper than the real thing. There is no
substitute for real experience, however many blow up dolls you might have
dennis

They are not cheaper, and you can't learn to crash the real thing.
Its easy to learn to take off, fly and land the real thing, even my daughter
has flown a plane.

The bottom line is that you really can't make a useful comment since you
have no experience

You can comment on poor driving because you are a poor driver, I can comment
on how to avoid crashing, avoiding getting speeding fines, and not having a
breakdown all of which you have managed to do.

So, the ability to recover from such a situation becomes innate

Rubbish, you would have to take it so far that you crashed to learn the
limits.

Err why ?

I didn't and I haven't

That's what I said, you haven't learnt much have you?

You really are a pratt.

No I'm not, however, your ability to jump to incorrect conclusions would
indicate that you are

And you're a coward who hides behind a a munged ID. Face to face, I wonder
if you would be so brave, I think not

Any little turd (by which I mean you) can sit behind a keyboard and spout
such rubbish, but when push comes to shove, you're not man enough to show
your face. (although from your claimed work history, I could prolly piece
it together)

You'll never understand what it means to live outside that safe, sterile,
risk minimised little world you inhabit. Maybe that's part of your
problem, you are jealous and don't see why others should visit the domain
of "safe" beyond which you are scared to go.

Your trouble is that you like to endanger others.
If you like to drive fast why don't you try a racing circuit or are you too
scared?
The public roads are not yours.

Would we have discovered other continents, broken records, scaled the
worlds peaks if we were all scared little ****es like you ? No of course
we wouldn't, we wouldn't even still be sitting in mud huts as we'd have
been wiped out by others who push their boundaries and explore and
conquer

You're a spineless parasite who wants to drag everyone down to your level
because you don't have the guts to look beyond your little box

If you want to pay I will race you around the Nuremberg ring any day.

I know where my vehicle is on the road, how far that metallic personal
space extends. I usually forecast another car's intent to e.g. change
lanes before the driver seems to.

The word "usually" is somewhat important when driving.

And ?

It means I am in a better position to accommodate someone who is about to
pull out into the overtaking lane in front of me

You said you can usually do so, then on the occasion you can't you swerve to
avoid them and kill an innocent pedestrian.
Until you can always predict what will happen you are driving beyond your
skill level.

At worst, it means I can only be as poor a driver as you

I can assure you that you are a worse driver than you think.

Because I pushed the limits, trained myself and learned to read the
road, these have all become second nature. I know I'm not alone, people
who push things a bit learn where the limits are and how to react as
second nature to events

Something you will never understand because you are an incompetent
useless ****er who shouldn't be let loose in anything as dangerous as a
car on a public highway

But you are the one that has had accidents, I have none for over 30 years.

What accidents?

Have you forgotten them, memory is a problem for you then.

What have you done at all in over 30 years, other than grown old

Had a family, saved a few lives, had fun, unlike you as you get frustrated
easily and start shouting your bad mouth off.