Silvan

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Charlie Self wrote:

Cost about the same as the KayPro cp/m had a couple years earlier.

$2500 was always about what it took to get a new computer of any quality.

I guess maybe it still is, but I can't imagine anyone *needing* what $2500
gets you these days. The Wal-Mart after Thanksgiving cheapass piece of
crap computer this year is a 2.7 GHz Celeron with 256 MB of RAM, a 40 GB
hard drive, and a 17" monitor. Eghads. That's what a $498 computer looks
like today?

Mine is a l'il ol' 1 GHz. Considering that about all I do with it is browse
the web by modem and read usenet, I can't see upgrading it for many years
to come. I'll probably get a 10 GHz box for $498 when I do.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/