Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Peters Jerry Peters is offline

Default What's going on?

TonyS wrote:
JeffM wrote:
TonyS wrote:
Where is all this spam coming from?

Phil Hobbs wrote:
Get a real newsreader, like Thunderbird.

You really should check the header before posting such advice.
It appears that the problem isn't *getting* the proper software
but in not making the effort to learn how to use it effectively.

effort?
I tried message filters now and they work flaky to say the least.
I also use different computers quite often, how many times should I create
filters, let alone keep them up-to-date?
Would be so much more efficient to filter on the provider side.

So switch providers to one that does the filtering. I see little or no
spam in sci.electronics.repair using eternal-september. They're free,
text-only, but do require registration.

Jerry