Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I very rarely concentrate on my driving, its almost exclusively
handled in the subconscious, the same with e.g. skiing or other
occupations where automatic responses are better and faster than
conscious thought, even when driving at speeds over 100mph where
you wake up a bit

So you admit to having so many incidents that it has become a
learnt response.

No, you stupid ****

I used to, for example (when safe to do so), take a roundabout
sideways in a controlled skid when I was in my late teens, or lock
the wheels on ice to learn how to recover in a controlled manner -
just like a pilot learns to recover from a stall

A pilot learns that in a simulator where possible, that's what
simulators are for, learning how to crash not how to fly.

No - that's because they are cheaper than the real thing. There is no
substitute for real experience, however many blow up dolls you might
have dennis

The bottom line is that you really can't make a useful comment since
you have no experience

So, the ability to recover from such a situation becomes innate

Rubbish, you would have to take it so far that you crashed to learn
the limits.

Err why ?

I didn't and I haven't

You really are a pratt.

No I'm not, however, your ability to jump to incorrect conclusions
would indicate that you are

And you're a coward who hides behind a a munged ID. Face to face, I
wonder if you would be so brave, I think not

Any little turd (by which I mean you) can sit behind a keyboard and
spout such rubbish, but when push comes to shove, you're not man
enough to show your face. (although from your claimed work history, I
could prolly piece it together)

You'll never understand what it means to live outside that safe,
sterile, risk minimised little world you inhabit. Maybe that's part of
your problem, you are jealous and don't see why others should visit
the domain of "safe" beyond which you are scared to go.

Would we have discovered other continents, broken records, scaled the
worlds peaks if we were all scared little ****es like you ? No of
course we wouldn't, we wouldn't even still be sitting in mud huts as
we'd have been wiped out by others who push their boundaries and
explore and conquer

You're a spineless parasite who wants to drag everyone down to your
level because you don't have the guts to look beyond your little box

I know where my vehicle is on the road, how far that metallic
personal space extends. I usually forecast another car's intent to
e.g. change lanes before the driver seems to.

The word "usually" is somewhat important when driving.

And ?

It means I am in a better position to accommodate someone who is about
to pull out into the overtaking lane in front of me

At worst, it means I can only be as poor a driver as you

Because I pushed the limits, trained myself and learned to read the
road, these have all become second nature. I know I'm not alone,
people who push things a bit learn where the limits are and how to
react as second nature to events

Something you will never understand because you are an incompetent
useless ****er who shouldn't be let loose in anything as dangerous
as a car on a public highway

But you are the one that has had accidents, I have none for over 30
years.

What accidents?

What have you done at all in over 30 years, other than grown old

Possibily caused incidents, or accidents, in which he was not "involved"?