Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why So Much Spam Here?

On 10/30/2009 9:38 AM Scrim spake thus:

So I'm guessing what I really need to do is use a dedicated newsreader
(terminology?) like that one from Mozilla. Then I can set up filtering just
in there and presumably it'll be a better newsgroup experience all round
compared to Windows Mail?

To answer your question, newsreader = news client = program to read
Usenet news = (usually) email program. All the same thing, comes in many
flavors. Mozilla Thunderbird is what I use and I like it, generally
(though it does suffer from some maladies which are due to "open source"
construction). It's free; why not just try it?

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet