Posted to sci.electronics.repair
powerampfreak powerampfreak is offline

Default Panasonic VHS player NV-HV61E plays only EP tapes

On 29 Okt, 12:54, b wrote:
On 28 oct, 11:49, powerampfreak wrote:

Hello all!
What can be the problem with a VHS player, Panasonic model NV-HV61E
which only gives a decent picture in EP mode? If trying to play a tape
wither standard shortplay or longplay, the picture all flickers and
rolls.
I clean the drum without no improvment. I also clean the capstan
roller and audio/control head. Any advice is warmly appreciated.

Best regards
Jackson

Have you checked for any tape edge damage?

what happens if you make a recording in SP and play it
a) on the same machine
b) on a known good machine?

-B

Ohh forgot to mention .. I'm in an electronics repair shop for mostly
hifi and pa equipment ..
Back in the old days I was much into TV and VCR repair, unfortunately
I've forgot many of the tricks...
I appreciate your advice a lot. An old friend came with the VCR and
I'll try to help him..
So - if it works OK to record SP and play it on the same machine, then
upper cylinder must be good, right?
If a SP recording doesn't play ok on the same machine but on another
machine .. what could then be the problem?
There are the same heads used for both rec and play, right?

If memory serves me right - I didn't see any edge tape wear or
anything. The picture seems "pretty" good during fast search, but in
playmode short white lines all over the picture.

Regards
Jackson