Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Are different brands of MCB interchangeable?

"mike" wrote in message
I need to swap an unused 40A Wylex MCB in a Wylex consumer it for a
32A MCB for a new ring main.

I'd assumed that different brands of MCB were interchangeable until I
saw how many different brands at similar prices Toolstation stocked -
and that made me think there must be a market for specific makes.

Toolstation don't do Wylex though -- so will other brands do?

Thanks in advance.

B&Q sell Wylex MCBs but you will be about £5 better off by calling into your
nearest electrical wholesalers to buy one.

Adam