Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oven not lighting up, need help.

On Oct 30, 11:27*am, bud-- wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
So when the oven is at 325 and it turns off, if the flame is supposed
to go on again when the oven drops to 315**, that should be hot enough
that the gas is is still available.

That still does not explain how it re-ignites. Yes the thermocouple
might still be hot enough to still open the gas valve, but I'm still
trying to figure out what exactly lights up the flame since nobody is
holding the knob in.

How about a little duct tape to hold the knob in?

My *guess* is there should be a pilot that stays lit while the oven
control is on. Should be visible where it is when the control is off -
maybe look with a mirror. There would be a separate small gas tube from
the control to the pilot. If you find a location, is there a pilot flame
at that location when the burner is lit? I believe real old oven
controls had a pilot adjustment screw behind the control knob.

That would make the most sense.