Posted to alt.home.repair
Lp1331 1p1331 Lp1331 1p1331 is offline

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

This is veering away from the original question a little, but -- This
time of year, and also in spring, we have days where it will be in the
40's in the morning and 80's in the afternoon. I know lot of people who
turn the heat up to 70 or more in the morning, then by early afternoon
they have the a/c on. If they would just leave it off and tolerate being
a couple of degrees cooler for an hour or so in the morning, the house
would warm up on its own and be comfortable for most of the day, and
just before it might get a degree or so too warm, the sun will go down
and it gets comfortable again. They will then have used ZERO energy
where the others have used both heat and a/c. No replies to
the question about wives turning the stat all the way up/down so the
heat/a/c runs faster. I doubt there are 1% who DON'T think that. My ex
certainly did, and it was a total waste of time trying to explain it to
her. Unfortunately, women don't have a monopoly on that kind of
thinking-- I know a lot of guys who think the same thing. Larry