Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Oven not lighting up, need help.

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:23:57 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

So when the oven is at 325 and it turns off, if the flame is supposed
to go on again when the oven drops to 315**, that should be hot enough
that the gas is is still available.

That still does not explain how it re-ignites.

Good point! I guess I'm living in pilot light land.

Yes the thermocouple
might still be hot enough to still open the gas valve, but I'm still
trying to figure out what exactly lights up the flame since nobody is
holding the knob in.

Try setting the oven higher than you have been, like for 425. *Just
becasue I'm curious. Surely after it reaches that temperature and goes
a little higher, and then turns off, it would turn on again at 410,
415, 420, and since it ran at the lower temp, 325, plainly the
thermocouple keeps the gas on at 325. *How much more so at 410 plus!

So, and bear in mind I have an electric stove (my house has no gas),
it seems to me it's what ever controls the valve that is bad. *Is the
thermocouple and valve one piece?

No, I don't think so.

The other possiblity is that the buzzer is bad. *In this method, the
flame goes out and then later when it's time to restart the flame, a
buzzer goes off and you are supposed to hear the buzzer and come in
from the other room and hold the knob in for 15 seconds. * So you need
a new buzzer to let you know every time you're supposed to do this.-

I never heard or seen that kind of stove.

Patent Pending.

When I get it on the market, I'll probably be spamming this group.
I'm also looking for a buzzer supplier, if anyone is interested.