Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:29:47 -0500, dpb wrote:

mm wrote:

I drove my brother's car for two days last week and he has automatic
cc. It was 70 degrees out, and I opened the windows, but I still
wanted air from the blower vents. But afaik, I had no way to set the
air temp like I can do with my simple non-auto heater....
... But afaik, I had no way to set the
air temp like I can do with my simple non-auto heater.

Is there a way to do that. He has a Lincoln.

I restored part of it to also email it to a friend of mine, who
complained about the same thing once.

Specifically on FMCo products I don't know but GM/Chrysler have a pretty
simple/intuitive interface to set the desired temp w/ a manual/auto
override function...

My friend who used to have a Cadillac, in the 80's I think, complained
about the same thing, but that was maybe 20 years ago. I'm glad to
hear there is way to override this on some cars. And a simple way too.
That's wonderful.

He advised me not to get auto, and it certainly seems to miss the
point when auto is great with the windows closed, but inferior to
manual with the windows open (or the top down in my case.)