Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

In article , bud-- wrote:

And I hesitate to say it again, but I understood Doug to have said the
same thing as in the previous 2 posts. I think he used "parallel" once,
which I understood to mean "combined" (200+200), as applied to the 120V
loads. I don't remember he ever other wise implied there was 400A in the
neutral.

In fact, I explicitly corrected at least one person who said there was. In at
least two posts, I stated clearly that the neutral carries only the unbalanced
current, and if the loads in the two legs are exactly balanced the current in
the neutral is zero.