Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why So Much Spam Here?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 23:31:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

What bugs me is all the Asian and other spam I receive in languages I
can't read. Do these morons think people are going to learn another
language, just to read their crap?

Well, there are about 845 million Mandarin Chinese speaking people on
the planet, compared to about 341 million English speaking people.
Hindi and Urdu total about 427 million. Arabic has 422 million. I
hate to tell you this, but English is a minority language. At current
grown rates, the official language of the planet could eventually
become Chinese:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers
Why wait? Learn Chinese today.

Why bother. I'm old enough it doesn't matter. Today's batch was
mostly from Russia, in Cyrillic.