Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I very rarely concentrate on my driving, its almost exclusively
handled in the subconscious, the same with e.g. skiing or other
occupations where automatic responses are better and faster than
conscious thought, even when driving at speeds over 100mph where you
wake up a bit

So you admit to having so many incidents that it has become a learnt
response.

No, you stupid ****

I used to, for example (when safe to do so), take a roundabout sideways
in a controlled skid when I was in my late teens, or lock the wheels on
ice to learn how to recover in a controlled manner - just like a pilot
learns to recover from a stall

So, the ability to recover from such a situation becomes innate

I know where my vehicle is on the road, how far that metallic personal
space extends. I usually forecast another car's intent to e.g. change
lanes before the driver seems to.

Because I pushed the limits, trained myself and learned to read the
road, these have all become second nature. I know I'm not alone, people
who push things a bit learn where the limits are and how to react as
second nature to events

Something you will never understand because you are an incompetent
useless ****er who shouldn't be let loose in anything as dangerous as a
car on a public highway

--
geoff