Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default Aldi Powercraft recip. saw broken

On 29 Oct, 14:49, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I bought an Aldi/Powercraft recip saw a couple of months ago. It's
only had light use. This morning I pressed the button and nothing
happened. I pressed it a second time and the saw came to life. Later
on, the same thing happened again. I noticed a bright blue light
coming from inside the saw whilst I was sawing. I'm sure there were a
set of replacement brushes in the box. Is it likely these need
changing so soon? When I've used my spare pair, can I get replacements
or do I need to go back and buy a new drill?

Thanks,
Stephen.

My first SDS drill was just as bad (some crap make cheap from Focus).
I'd only used it a handful of times when the brushes went. Replacing
them with the spares supplied was simple enough but I could track down
another set anywhere and the ones I did see (wrong size) seemed
unbelievably expensive for what they are. Still, it was enough to
persuade me to get a decent one, and my brother got a free SDS with a
very limited life expectancy....