Charlie Self

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Tim Douglass responds:

latched to the 7" screen/case/cpu. Green screen. IIRC, you also had a choice

of
amber, but at extra cost. I went for green. The package, with a Juki ball

head
printer, cost me almost $2400 (Colonial Computers, Salem).

Ah, yes. Shades of my Osborne 1. Still stored around here somewhere. I
wonder if the floppy disks will still read after 10 years or so.

I cheated. I bought a PC (KayPro, natch), and sold the cp/m KP to a guy who was
setting up a garbage pick-up business. AFAIK, he was perfectly happy with it
for some time.

The PC was an 8 mHz (a speedster, though, as it ran at 10 mHz), 640K, with a 20
meg hard drive (went belly up in 3 months, so I laid out an extra $315 for a 32
meg drive). I refused to lay out $1100 to fill out the 640K to 1 meg.

Cost about the same as the KayPro cp/m had a couple years earlier.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the
frog dies of it." E. B. White