Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle is offline

Default Are different brands of MCB interchangeable?

mike wrote:
I need to swap an unused 40A Wylex MCB in a Wylex consumer it for a
32A MCB for a new ring main.

I'd assumed that different brands of MCB were interchangeable until I
saw how many different brands at similar prices Toolstation stocked -
and that made me think there must be a market for specific makes.

Toolstation don't do Wylex though -- so will other brands do?

Thanks in advance.

Not many fit mechanically so best to stick with the matching brand.

Bob