Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Aldi Powercraft recip. saw broken

Stephen
wibbled on Thursday 29 October 2009 14:49

Hello,

I bought an Aldi/Powercraft recip saw a couple of months ago. It's
only had light use. This morning I pressed the button and nothing
happened. I pressed it a second time and the saw came to life. Later
on, the same thing happened again. I noticed a bright blue light
coming from inside the saw whilst I was sawing. I'm sure there were a
set of replacement brushes in the box. Is it likely these need
changing so soon? When I've used my spare pair, can I get replacements
or do I need to go back and buy a new drill?

Thanks,
Stephen.

That should be covered under a statutory guarantee (which is 6 months IIRC
and cannot be wormed out of for new goods) with the retailer. Take it back
to ALDI.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...