Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JeffM JeffM is offline

Default Why So Much Spam Here?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[Spammers] also check to see how many people actually
click on the inevitable URL included in the spam message.

GregS wrote:
I have clicked on it many times, and I go directly
to the CONTACT point and send my regards.

**Read** what JeffL said.
You validate their existence with every click.
DO NOT **EVER** CLICK SPAM LINKS.

The idiots who click the links from Google Groups
are the **REAL** problem. As JeffL said,
they look at the referring URL and spam those URLs MORE.

If everybody who complains did this,
there would be no spam from those guys.

That's the most foolish thing I've heard in a long time.
If you want to complain to someone,
complain to their PROVIDERS
(for Google Groupers, that's their ISPs).

Its mostly one company in China.

It's unlikely that it's one monolythic manufacturing company.
....and how hard do you think it is
to find someone in China with a lot of time on his hands
and set him up with an Internet connection?

It's not even coming from one access provider.
The truth is that NO ONE in Red China gives a ****.
The country is populated with criminals.
Don't waste your time on those. JUST IGNORE THEM.[1]

You sometimes see results with reports to
Indian, Pakistani, and Indonesian ISPs.
Taiwanese ISPs also seem to be responsive.
..
....and your blockquoting 2-deep and in-full seems extreme.
..
..
[1] Now, if you have a BOTNET at your disposal,
*THAT* would make your effort worthwhile.
As it is, however,
your puny effort just comfirms that their methods are working.