Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why So Much Spam Here?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:59:38 +0000, Ron
wrote:
I'm not sure, but I don't think we are allowed to do that sort of thing
over here.

There's probably a law making just about everything illegal. I can't
make it through a day without breaking at least one or two laws (other
than traffic violations).
http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news7022.html
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/3552/need-a-hitman-illegal-aliens-available-for-hire-thank-ices-myers-torres-for-murder-of-detroit-couple/
(plenty more). If spam is causing such a problem for ISP's,
individuals, companies, governments, etc, it should be fairly easy to
take up a collection and do what's necessary to "set and example". I'm
sure the judge will understand after his mailbox is filled with spam.
I'm not suggesting any new laws or massive enforcement efforts. Just a
high profile extermination of some of the major perpetrators. The
others will surely get the clue and find something else to trash.

Someone killed Russia's top spammer a few years ago:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=russian+spammer+killed&aq=1&oq=rus sian+spamm&aqi=g3