Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Peters Jerry Peters is offline

Default Why So Much Spam Here?

Robert Macy wrote:
On Oct 28, 6:28*am, "Scrim" wrote:
This groups is so badly spammed I'm starting to give up on it. Why does
sci.electronics repair get so much and can this be fixed?

Scrim

How do you gain access?

How do you read it?

I use google for access and read using Opera 9.64 on Win98

As a result, 70-80% of the postings show up.

I've been told to PAY for better access. Yeah, that makes sense. I
should pay for something when the ones gaining, the spammers, should
pay.

So, what to do?

There is another thread here that shows a java script to highlight the
spam so it's very easy to ignore

Eternal-september is free but it does require registration. They seem
to do a pretty good job of eliminating spam.

Jerry