Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Why So Much Spam Here?

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:28:02 -0000, "Scrim"
wrote:

This groups is so badly spammed I'm starting to give up on it. Why does
sci.electronics repair get so much and can this be fixed?

Scrim

I guess Virgin doesn't filter it out for you so you'll have to do it
yourself.

Just get a decent newsreader, I use Thunderbird. Set filters to junk all
messages from the following

@yeah.net
@live.cn - in fact any .cn
@126.com
@163.com
and all @.gmail
(You might miss a few genuine posts by blocking gmail, but it`a small
price to pay. Anyone serious tends to not use gmail/hotmail/yahoo etc.)
You can check the filter logs from time to time and any posters you
inadvertently filtered out, you can add back in individually.

When ever you get spam, add the address to the list.

Ron