Chris Merrill

Default Router table on top of table saw...

Silvan wrote:
Hmmmm... Working height would be OK if I added up to about 20" to my saw
table height, but that workmate idea looks to be worth thinking about
anyway. That might be just the ticket. Easier to make than the gizmo I
had in mind too.

Good thought!

I can't take credit for it...my BIL is very short on space in his shop,
so I pointed him to that article because I _really_ regret putting my
router table into my TS extension wing. Why? On many of my projects,
it seems that the TS and the router table are the primary tools I use,
so I kept having to reset my router table fence each time I used the
TS, or vice versa.

I decided I'd rather have them separate - and this idea appealed to
me. Also, I have several other tools that would sit nicely on the
workmate - a disk/belt sander, grinder, spindle sander, etc.

--
Chris Merrill

(remove the ZZZ to contact me)