Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Seal between tiles and bath?

Ian White wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
But here's a slightly different problem: what about the case where
the bath edge has a rather large radius? After filling the bath
and sealing the gap by the approved method, I have no worries about
splashes or condensation getting past the seal, but instead we're
left with a small gutter in which water collects.

But the instuctions for baths and silicone seal almost invariably say
wipe down after use... Wiping down will also reduce the chance of
black mould and/or the brown detergent residue build up.

Agreed, but those duties shouldn't include bailing out standing water.
The wallbath profile should definitely be self draining.

One of the strip profiles (about a 3/4in scotia) would bridge the
gutter without looking too ugly, but with the nearest DIY shed 65
miles away

Ouch I thought I was "remote" with the nearest shed 20+ miles away.

Stranraer (a mere 30 miles away) may finally get its very first DIY
shed next year.

Oh b****r, it's going to be Homebase.

It certainly concentrates your mind on what you really need and how
much of it you need.

TGF the Web and white vans.

Toolstation must be handy for you, only £10 for free delivery.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk