Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] usenet-659f31de7f953aeb@asgard.slcc.edu is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:27:24 -0700 (PDT), in alt.home.repair,
wrote:

That was precisely my point. That to support a 400 amp 120V load,
the load must be perfectly balanced. And that is because only a max
of 200 amps is flowing in the service cable and the 400 amp, 120V load
must appear as two 200 amp, 120V loads in SERIES.

Two 200A 120V loads in series makes a 200A 240V load.

It's a very basic and simple electrical question as to how many amps
are flowing in that 200 amp service cable and it's 200 amps. You
could support all kinds of loads of varying voltages off it, including
400 amps at 120V, provided the load is perfectly balanced. I could

The only way you can get 400A out of a 200A service is with a step-down
transformer.

--
Due to Usenet spam, emailed replies must pass an intelligence test: if
you want me to read your reply, be sure to include this line of text in