Charlie Self

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Silvan asks:

A friend had a Kaypro. One of those "almost" compatibles, right?

No. cp/m was not intended as a compatible. It was there first, meant to become
the big dog on the block, and using it almost cost KayPro its shirt, which it
later lost anyway, IIRC.

That portable cp/m machine was a delight. And weigh 22 pounds. Keyboard snap
latched to the 7" screen/case/cpu. Green screen. IIRC, you also had a choice of
amber, but at extra cost. I went for green. The package, with a Juki ball head
printer, cost me almost $2400 (Colonial Computers, Salem).

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the
frog dies of it." E. B. White